Always a fan of coconut, I'm constantly looking for new ways to use this delicious ingredient. While unpacking groceries from a recent trip to Costco I realized that I may or may not have a *slight* addiction to coconut.
Having this many coconut ingredients in my house, I knew I wanted to come up with something that would showcase as many of these delicious coconut ingredients as possible. This recipe is the tasty results.
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk, well shaken
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour*
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, well shaken (should be the remainder of the can)
- 1 cup coconut sugar*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- flaked coconut for garnish (optional)
* can be substituted with other flours & sugars, I just used coconut because I had it on hand and figured it would make the recipe more coconut-y.
Pre-heat large frying pan over medium heat.
Whip together coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Dip sliced french toast into mixture coating both sides evenly.
Cook toast in frying pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until toast is golden brown.
Melt coconut oil in saucepan set to medium heat. Add coconut milk and sugar - stir until sugar is completely dissolved.